The purpose of this grant is to support groups or organisations from culturally diverse communities to organise a project that raises awareness of the health effects of smoking within their community.
Organisations are invited to work with Quit in projects that aim to:
- raise the community's awareness of the effects of tobacco smoking on health
- increase understanding of exposure to secondhand smoking
- encourage and assist smokers to quit
- influence communities to adopt the Smokefree message
- raise awareness of Quit services available to CALD communities.
If your organisation works with CALD communities, don't miss the opportunity to work with Quit in a joint project to raise awareness of the health effects of smoking and to encourage and support smokers to quit.
To discuss your ideas contact the Multicultural Program or call 9635 5502.