30Quit Victoria provides face-to-face Quit Educator training courses throughout the year. Prior to commencing face-to-face training, Quit Educator training participants are required to complete Quit Victoria’s Smoking Cessation Essentials online training course, which is available via the Quit Learning Hub .
Face-to-face Quit Educator training sessions scheduled for 2017
- Monday 6th March
- Monday 5th June
- Monday 4th September
- Monday 30th October
Please note: more dates may become available depending on demand
Aims of the Educator Training course
- To equip community workers and health professionals with the information and skills to run Quit's courses.
- To discuss each session of the course so that community workers and health professionals know how to conduct the course.
- To provide community workers and health professionals with an understanding of the complexities of smoking.
- To provide community workers and health professionals with the materials and resources to run courses.
- To provide community workers and health professionals with an understanding of Quit's services.
- To assist community workers and health professionals to help smokers to quit in other settings (i.e. at the individual setting).
Where is the training based?
Training is based at Cancer Council Victoria, 615 St Kilda Road, Melbourne.
What does the training cover?
Quit Victoria's one day Quit Educator training program equips health and community professionals to work more effectively with smokers by running Quit courses. The training also provides the skills required for brief smoking cessation interventions on a one-to-one basis with clients.
Subjects covered include health information, smoking cessation theory, brief smoking cessation interventions and the content of Quit's courses. The training includes practical exercises with reflection and feedback. Educator booklets and handouts are provided.
It is essential that participants attend all sessions throughout the training.
For any further information regarding training or registration, please complete the Quit Educator training form
Training Development Manager
Ph (03) 9514 6368
Fax (03) 9514 6801
Quit Victoria, 615 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004
Filly.Potter@cancervic.org.au or Quit.HP@cancervic.org.au