Situated on the Quit Learning Hub, Quit Victoria has developed online learning resources for health professionals. These include the Smoking Cessation Essentials course and smoking cessation brief intervention videos. These resources are free of charge and have been developed to provide health professionals with knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- highlight the important role of health professionals and the effectiveness of smoking cessation interventions
- inform of the health effects of smoking and the benefits to patients/clients in quitting
- provide an understanding of smoking behaviour
- help health professionals carry out brief smoking cessation intervention and assist them to help smokers quit in individual settings
- provide information about Quit Victoria’s support services for smokers and how Quit can support the health professional in assisting their patients/client.
For more information visit Learning Hub