Quit Victoria has developed online learning training programs for health professionals to assist those with time and distance constraints and to create further access to our training. This training is free.
Online Learning is not a substitute for group training, but rather an educational tool to run parallel with face-to-face training. It provides opportunities when attending other training is problematic.
Why Online Learning?
The development of online learning opportunities is one way to respond to the:
- time and work pressures on health professionals
- increasing demand for Quit Victoria's training from health professionals from across Victoria, interstate and internationally
- increasing demand for both generic and specifically tailored smoking cessation training (for example - diabetes and smoking)
- increasing awareness of the health effects of smoking and the benefits of quitting
Quit Victoria's Online Learning:
- will enable health professionals to access, at their convenience, current information about smoking cessation and supporting smokers to quit
- will include assessment of learning which is not testing, but reinforcement of information covered.
What does the training involve?
The training programs includes a series of modules covering essential elements in a smoking cessation program such as smoking information, 5As, and stages of change.
Questions are provided throughout the modules and these questions must be completed in order to move on to the next screen.
In order to receive accreditation for the course, an 80 per cent or higher pass mark must be achieved. If this is not achieved, the participant will be able to repeat the modules.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to print the results.
A Certificate of Completion, Level 1 Quit Victoria Smoking Cessation Training, from Quit Victoria, with the participant's name on it, will be forwarded to you by post.
You will then be on Quit Victoria's email list for regular updates.
For further information, or to obtain a password to do the online learning, email: Jeffrey.Skolnick@cancervic.org.au
The password will be valid for 4 weeks.