Cancer and chronic illness don’t discriminate, they cross cultural and language barriers – and so do we. We help people from all cultures and language groups to quit smoking or vaping.
Victoria is one of the most culturally diverse states in Australia and Quit engages with a range of multicultural community groups, ESL schools, welfare, health and educational service providers and the ethnic media, to help people from all cultures and languages quit smoking or vaping.
Quit resources and relationships help us to reach diverse groups, in ways designed to make our messages meaningful and relevant.
What can you do:
- A variety of Quit resources in a range of languages. Search our multicultural resources .
- Quitline 13 7848 – a confidential telephone service – provides information, support and advice for people trying to stop smoking or vaping. A telephone interpreter service (TIS) is available and can be arranged for Quitline callers from a non-English speaking background.
Referrals to Quitline: If you work with CALD communities and want to refer a client/patient to Quitline, please use one of the following:
- For all online referrals
- For community workers: Multicultural referral
- For health professionals: Multicultural referral
- Group referrals: Quit group referral
Explainer: Shisha pipes vs. cigarettes
What is shisha? Or waterpipes? Or hookah? And is it better for you than cigarettes?