So you have stuck it out through the good the bad and the downright ugly – congratulations!
I've you've been quit for a little while you've likely started to enjoy the health and financial benefits. You're a non-smoker.
How to embrace being a non-smoker and stay quit for good:
- You know what your triggers are and how to avoid them.
- You aren’t phased when you are out with mates who still smoke.
- You know that a slip-up isn’t the end of the world! It doesn’t have to lead back into full-time smoking.
- You’ve found new ways to manage stress.
- You actually call yourself a non-smoker or an ex-smoker.
- You’ve accepted that you might still get cravings out of the blue. They can still pop up when you are in a situation or place where you used to smoke – so watch out and be ready.
- You have an emergency plan – to call a friend or walk around the block – just in case.
- You know Quitline is also there, just in case. Request a Quitline callback.
- You know what your warning signs are and will get help if they start to build up.
- You appreciate your body recovering and all the benefits that come with it.
- You will reward yourself for what you have achieved. Use the money you’ve saved to spoil yourself with a holiday or some new clothes.
- You’re officially a non-smoker now!