In consultation with health professionals, Quit has developed online training for people working in health or community and social service organisations.
Training programs are tailored to your needs
- Training is free for VIC and WA learners
- A registration fee of $20 applies for all other states and territories
Brief advice training:
- Alcohol and other drug services
- Community and social services
- General practitioners and nurse practitioners
- Health services
- Mental health
- Oral health professionals
- Eye health professionals (free for VIC and SA optometrists, and Vic orthoptists)
- Essentials training - generalised training for other health settings.
- PDSA cycle for general practitioners and nurse practitioners
Our online courses provide guidance on how to apply
our 3-step brief advice model (Ask, Advise, Help) when talking to your
patients/clients about their smoking
On course completion, you will have learned about:
- the health effects of smoking and the benefits of quitting
- how smoking is addictive
- evidence-based smoking cessation interventions
- how to deliver Quit’s 3-step brief advice model
- how to use Quit Victoria services and resources to address smoking with your patients/client.