Quitline is here to make your quitting story a quit-for-good story.
The Quitline is a welcoming, confidential telephone service that can offer you information and advice.
Calling the Quitline (13 7848) is one of the most effective ways of quitting smoking. (Or you can get us to call you: request a Quitline callback).
Quit Specialists are really friendly and they understand that quitting is tough. They also know that it takes a number of goes at quitting before you quit for good. You can also ask to speak to an Aboriginal Quit Specialist .
You can call Quitline with a quick query but a typical first call takes around 10–20 minutes. The first call often covers your smoking history, your motivation to quit, and how smoking fits into your life.
The most effective way to quit is to use Quitline with either a nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) product (patches/gum/lozenge/mouth spray/Inhalator) or quitting medication (Champix/Zyban). If you choose NRT, we recommend Quitline with combination therapy: patches plus a fast-acting NRT product like mouth spray or gum.
What else can Quitline can do?
- Listen to how your last quit attempt went.
- Offer advice on nicotine replacement products like patches, gum, mouth spray, lozenge and inhalator, or quitting medications such as Champix (varenicline)
- Sign you up to Quitline’s callback service. We can call you at an agreed time over your quitting journey.
- Post you a quit pack.
Quitline is available from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday to Friday for the cost of a local call (except for mobile phones – normal charges apply).
If you are deaf or have hearing or speech impairment, you can call the National Relay Service to access the Quitline.
- TTY users phone 13 3677 and ask for 13 7848.
- Speak & Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 13 7848.
- Internet relay users connect to the National Relay Service then ask for 13 7848.
Explore other support options
There are a range of support options available to help you quit.
Free Quit Support
Calling the Quitline increases your chance of quitting successfully.
Quit Specialists are trained to listen carefully to you to help meet your needs.