Quitline's Referral Sheet form is now available as a digital referral template and is compatible with Best Practice’s Clinical Word processor. Once imported into Best Practice, the digital referral template is automatically populated and can be sent via securing messaging with Argus, or printed for faxing.
WARNING: do not open the digital referral template file (*.rtf) with any word processing software before importing; doing so will damage the template format and will require you to repeat the file download procedure.
The following steps outline how to configure and set up the Quitline Referral Sheet into Best Practice’s Clinical Word processor as well as how to add the Quitline Victoria Argus address. These steps will only need to be done once.
Step 1: Downloading the digital referral template
- Download the Quitline Referral Sheet for Best Practice Clinical here
- To download and save the digital template file, right-mouse click Quitline Referral Sheet for Best Practice Clinical, select Save Target As, choose a convenient location, e.g. Desktop, and select Save button, the file Quitline Referral Sheet (BP Digital Template-DO NOT OPEN).rtf will be saved to your computer
Step 2: Importing the digital referral template
- Log into Best Practice Clinical (below represents v1.8.5; Lava Edition)
- To open Word processor, select Utilities > Word processor (from the main menu), or select Correspondence Out and select Add button (within the patient file)
3. To import the digital referral template file, select Templates > Import template (from the menu), select the location you saved the digital template file, e.g. Desktop, and select Quitline Fax Referral Sheet (BP Digital Template-DO NOT OPEN).rtf digital template file, and select Open button, this will display the digital referral template
4. To save the digital referral template in Word processor, select File > Save as (from the menu), tick box Available to all users, type Quitline Referral Sheet, select Save button
WARNING: do not modify any part of the digital template file (*.rtf) at any time; doing so may damage the template format and will require you to repeat the file importing procedure.
5. Close the digital referral template Word processor, select File > Close (from the menu)
Step 3: Adding Argus users to your Argus address book
Anyone you wish to send messages to using Argus must be in your Argus Address Book.
- Open Argus Address Manager V6 and Login. (Default username is argus and default password is argus)
- Click on ‘Add Addresses’
3. Type under the search options ‘Practice or Practitioner Name” – Quit Victoria. Select ‘Search the Human Services Directory’
4. Click in the checkbox next to the Site Name ‘Quit Victoria’
5. Click on ‘Add selected entries to Address Book’. The following screen should display
6. Click on Return to Addresses to go back to the Argus Address Manager
7. Browse to the entry for the Practitioner, copy the ‘Argus email’ address to your clipboard or click on the ‘Copy email’ link to enable you to paste the email into best practice
Step 4: Adding Quit Victoria Argus Address to Best Practice
- Open Best Practice contacts List
- Create a new entry
- Switch to Company/Institution
- Name: Quit Victoria
- Category: Care provider
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Messaging provider: Argus