The Quitline Referral Sheet form is now available as a digital template and is compatible with Medical Director Clinical Letter Writer. Once imported into Medical Director Clinical, the digital referral template is automatically populated and can be sent via securing messaging with Argus, or printed for faxing.
WARNING: do not open the digital template file (*.rtf) with any word processing software before importing; doing so will damage the template format and will require you to repeat the file download procedure.
The following steps outline how to configure and set up the Quitline Referral Sheet into Medical Director’s Clinical Letter Writer as well as how to add the Quitline Victoria Argus address. These steps will only need to be done once.
Step 1: Downloading the digital referral template
- Download the Quitline Referral Sheet for Medical Director Clinical here
- To download and save the digital template file, right-mouse click Quitline Referral Sheet for Medical Director Clinical, select Save Target As, choose a convenient location, e.g. Desktop, and select Save button, the file Quitline Referral Sheet (MD Digital Template-DO NOT OPEN).rtf will be saved to your computer
Step 2: Importing the digital referral template
1. Log into Medical Director Clinical (below represents v3.16b)
2.To open Letter Writer, select Tools > Letter Writer… (from either the main menu or within the patient file)
3. To prepare Letter Writer to import the digital template file, select File > Modify Template… (from the menu), and select Blank Template (from the User Defined tab) and select Open button
4. Then to import the digital template file, select File > Import… (from the menu), select the location you saved the digital template file, e.g. Desktop, and select Quitline Fax Referral Sheet (MD Digital Template-DO NOT OPEN).rtf digital template file, and select Open button, this will display the digital template
WARNING: do not modify any part of the digital template file (*.rtf) at any time; doing so may damage the template format and will require you to repeat the file importing procedure.
5. To save the digital template in Letter Writer, select File > Save as Template… (from the menu), under User Access, select All Users, under Template Name:, type Quitline Referral Sheet, select Save button
6. Close the digital template Letter Writer, select File > Close (from the menu)
Step 3: Adding Argus users to your Argus address book
Anyone you wish to send messages to using Argus must be in your Argus Address Book.
1. Open Argus Address Manager V6 and Login. (Default username is argus and default password is argus)
2. Click on ‘Add Addresses’.
3. Type under the search options ‘Practice or Practitioner Name” – Quit Victoria. Select ‘Search the Human Services Directory’
4. Click in the checkbox next to the Site Name ‘Quit Victoria’
5. Click on ‘Add selected entries to Address Book’. The following screen should display
6. Click on Return to Addresses to go back to the Argus Address Manager
7. Browse to the entry for the Practitioner, copy the ‘Argus email’ address to your clipboard or click on the ‘Copy email’ link to enable you to paste the email into best practice
Step 4: Adding Quit Victoria Argus Address to Medical Director
1. Open Medical Director Address book, select File > Address Book (from the menu)
2. Create a new entry
3. Switch to Company
4. Name: Quit Victoria
5. Change Category: Care provider
a. If it is not there, click on the three dots to add a new category
6. Fill out Address and Email: email@example.com
7. Click OK