Anyone responsible for the health and safety of employees, needs to consider making their workplace smokefree and how to support workers quitting smoking and/or vaping.
Learn how to take action to make your workplace smokefree.
- We strongly recommend signing up to the Achievement Program to gain access to an online portal that contains the practical tools, resources and information you need to start making healthy changes. You'll also be supported by their program staff and wide network of regional health promoters to ensure you achieve your goals: achievementprogram.health.vic.gov.au/workplaces
- For basic information on how to go smokefree (which includes smoking and vaping), take a look at our step by step Going smokefree guide for workplaces.
- Get your environment ready by ordering posters and educational material.
- Support your employees to quit smoking and vaping by referring them to Quitline (13 7848) for confidential, non-judgemental support
- For details about smokefree legislation in Victoria visit the Victorian Government's tobacco reforms website.
Last updated 15/08/2022
Benefits to workplaces
Find out more
Learn how your workplace can benefit by implementing smokefree policies and helping your employees to quit.
Smoking and vaping: Victorian law and OH&S obligations
Find out more
Everyone deserves a smokefree and vapefree workplace. Find out what your legal and OHS obligations are.